Knowing and understanding your client is a springboard for serving them successfully. But how well do you really know them? Can you answer the questions below about your client? If not, you have an opportunity to get to know them, and serve them, better.
- What are the organization’s key goals or objectives for the current year?
- What are your client’s individual goals or objectives?
- What activities or hobbies does your client enjoy?
- What you can do to make your client’s life easier / your project more efficient for your client?
- What has been challenging for your client so far this year?
CPA firm leaders and those planning a successful accounting career recognize the importance of knowing more than just the task-at-hand for each project.
Can all of your engagement team members answer these questions? Should they be able to?
Do You Know What Is Most Important to Your Clients? Article by Jean-Luc Bourdon featured in CPA Insider.
Don’t Just Be Your Clients’ ‘Tax Guy’ Article by Peter Brown featured in CPA Practice Advisor
Need ideas on how to start these conversations with your clients? Set up a call with Kristen.