Dynamic Development Workshops
Our customized, in-house workshops give your team an edge in the soft-skills that all professional service providers need to lead a successful firm. The future of your organization is in the hands of your staff and you need to make sure they have the people and team skills to continue your success. You can also test drive our content and delivery with our webinars!
Leadership Development Program
Enhance Critical Competencies for Your Emerging Leaders
The objective of our leadership program is to develop and retain upcoming leaders in your organization with an engaging series of workshops and learning experiences over the course of two years. Our goal to help you create leaders who have what it takes to be highly successful in their role at your firm.
Below is a sample line-up of topics and days. Our programs are always customized to meet the emphasis and competencies most important to your firm. We bring in guest speakers from your organization, read relevant books and have an option for coaching/adivisng sessions between workshops. All of this comines to create an experience that keeps your top talent engaged and learning critical skills as they progress in their careers.
Year One Leadership Days
1. Leadership Development Kick-Off
a. Becoming a Leader
b. Goal-Setting Best Practices and Creating Two-Year Goals
c. Time Management
d. Moving from Puzzle Pieces to the Big Picture
2. Communication Essentials
a. Communication Styles: Yours and Others
b. Business Writing
c. The Power of Listening
3. Client Service
a. Understanding the Client Experience
b. Dining and Professional Etiquette
c. Providing Exceptional Client Service
4. Project Management (sample topics – will be customized for your organization)
a. The Role of the Manager
b. Economics of the Organization/Company/Firm
c. Budgeting, Billing and Collections
d. Planning and Organizing Projects
Year Two Leadership Days
1. Advanced Client Service
a. Recovering from Client Service Failures
b. Networking and Business Development
c. Building Your Client Service Brand
2. Communication Situations
a. Explaining Technical Topics to Less-Technical Audiences
b. Presentation Skills
c. Managing Difficult Conversations
3. Team Building
a. Strengths-Based Leadership
b. Delegating Effectively
c. Developing Successful Teams and Team Members
d. Feedback and Evaluations
a. Motivation and Influence
b. Leading Change
c. Goals Review and Next-Two-Years Goals
d. Awards and Celebration
Train the Trainer
Deliver Training that Gets Rave Reviews
Effective learning stems from engaging the mind and emotions of participants. Create a training environment where participants are actively involved in their own learning, not sleeping through another bulleted power point lecture.
- Learn how to engage your audience with a brain-friendly learning environment that transfers learning objectives to participants more effectively.
- Understand how expertise, preparation, quality materials and a meaningful purpose drive success in the training room.
- Explore how to conquer fears of public speaking and harness your own strengths and talents as a facilitator.
- Learn tactics for disarming classroom challenges involving from people, facilities, materials and technology.
Exceptional Client Service
- Teaches techniques to listen to clients and react in a way that demonstrates professionalism, quality and high value.
- Participants learn the drivers that turn satisfied customers into loyal advocates that refer business to your firm.
- Master new techniques for providing top-tier customer service to clients resulting in improved client retention.
Networking for Introverts
- Gives employees more skills and confidence in networking and business development opportunities.
- Teaches communication techniques designed specifically for those who feel less comfortable “working a room” or in other cold networking and selling situations.
- Provides methods for building business and developing relationships that lead to improved self-confidence and contributions to the bottom line.
Engage Your Audience
- Demonstrates how engaging visuals, body language and story-telling can more effectively get messages across.
- Teaches how to communicate more effectively and move beyond over-used, sleep-inducing, text-filled slide presentations and proposals.
- Participants define their current brand, and articulate their ideal personal brand based on career objectives.
- Analyzes how well one’s brand aligns within an organization's objectives and reputation.
- Shows the many avenues that express one’s personal brand, and teaches how to use a personal band to promote the participant’s career and organization.
Building Great Teams
- Identifies the strengths of each team member using Gallup strengths research and assessment tool.
- Teaches techniques to build a more effective team and foster a positive environment.
- Develops effective team communication and dynamics for more productive, happier teams and a stronger workplace culture.
Taking Charge of Your Career
- Participants learn how to build advocacy, sponsorship and mentoring relationships.
- Teaches various methods for developing technical and non-technical expertise.
- Provides effective goal-achieving techniques for participants to be successful in near and long-term objectives.
- Remind employees all of the little things in business that people need to be cognizant of from web-surfing to distracting conversations and more.
- Learn social media and online presence awareness, email do's and don'ts, kitchen etiquette, dress and appearance and the importance of being on time.
- A hands-on dining etiquette training can be included to answer common questions and concerns about business meals.
I'm a Manager...Now What?
- Teaches staff the roles and responsibilities associated with being a manager in order to properly execute projects and manage teams and train staff.
- Explains the importance of client billing, budget management, scheduling and internal political landscapes and how they affect success as a manager.
- Provides skills in staff development to build happy and productive teams that will have customers talking about your firm's great service.
Most workshops (with the exception of the Leadership Development Program) are presented in half or full day segments. We can also create custom lengths and topic designs to meet your needs.
One-on-One Coaching and Mentoring
Successful individuals and those responsible for their development are invited to discuss one-on-one coaching options. Services for both specific skill improvement and general mentorship/development are available.
Kristen's style is approachable and engaging resulting in real change with lasting effect. Having developed over 50 staff throughout her public accounting career, she considers this one of the most rewarding aspects of professional services.
1. Reputation boost. Staff will project and practice the image of the firm you want to maintain in your market.
2. Higher employee retention. Offering a comprehensive training program that addresses critical soft-skills in addition to technical skills appeals to your A-players.
3. Higher client satisfaction. A team that knows how to communicate, relate and meet a client’s needs with poise will be noticed.